About Laser Veins Removal
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What is Laser Veins Removal?
Laser veins removal is a procedure to remove or reduce varicose or spider veins on the face or body. The procedure is carried out with a laser that produces intense pulses of light to treat the veins.
How is Laser Veins Removal carried out?
Who is a suitable candidate for Laser Veins Removal?
- The technician directs pulses of light from a laser into the area to be treated.
- The energy from the laser is absorbed into the blood vessel and causes the vessel walls to collapse and seal together.
- The varicose vein is eventually absorbed by the body.
Veins removal using laser is most suitable for varicose and thread veins that are less than 4mm in size.
Duration of procedure/surgery : The procedure lasts between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
Number of sessions required : Many patients need more than one session to achieve the best results.
Typically, 1 to 5 treatment sessions are sufficient.
Days admitted : None.
Anesthesia : A topical anesthesia is applied to the skin prior to laser veins removal treatment.
Recovery : Most patients can return to normal activities and work immediately after laser veins removal.
Risks : - Mild stinging or burning sensation.
- Skin redness.
- Skin discoloration and scaling.
- Itching and swelling.
After care : - Keep the treated area well moisturized and out of direct sunlight.
- You may need to wear support stockings for a short period following extensive laser veins removal.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours following the procedure.
Learn more about Laser Veins Removal