Sheba Medical Center - Overview
Established in 1948, Sheba Medical Center is now the leading medical center in the Middle East, a significant member in the world medical community, ranked by Newsweek as one of the 10 best hospitals in the world. We provide internationally recognized care in numerous fields, including oncology, as well as both basic and advanced medical research. Sheba Medical Center also functions as a tertiary care center and accepts referrals of complex cases from throughout the region and the world.
Sheba is located on a 150-acre campus in Tel HaShomer, near Tel Aviv, and contains:
- 159 medical departments and clinics
- 1,700 total beds
- 75 laboratories
EXCELLENCE CENTERS AND INSTITUTES
The Cancer Center
The Cancer Center at Sheba Medical Center provides cutting edge treatment for dozens of different cancer types and accepts referrals of patients from all over the world. Within the Cancer Center are specialized departments dedicated to state-of-the-art research and specialized treatment of specific kinds of oncological disease.
Because blood cancers can be rare and their treatment can be complex, it is critical to seek treatment from an experienced, expert medical team. Our physicians and clinicians are internationally-recognized as leading medical experts, and we implement progressive approaches for diagnosing and treating hematologic cancer. Our leading-edge treatments include surgical,medical, and radiation oncology approaches, based on the latest specialized research.
We also provide ground-breaking treatments for several hematological disorders, such as CAR T Cell treatment.
The Sheba Cancer Research Center (SCRC)
The SCRC exists to conduct ongoing research into the nature of cancer and potential treatments. This includes developing new drugs and conducting clinical trials of novel treatment regimens. It is the largest cancer research center in Israel.
The Radiation Oncology Department
Sheba’s radiation oncologists work hand in hand with the other members of the treatment team, such as medical oncologists, pathologists, and surgeons, to provide the latest in cancer treatment to our patients. Furthermore, the Radiation Oncology Department is involved in constant research and training new physicians.
The Sheba Pancreatic Cancer Center (SPCC)
The SPCC is dedicated to specialized, tailor made treatment of pancreatic cancer for each individual patient’s unique case. The Center also conducts research into new and emerging therapies for pancreatic cancer.
The Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-Oncology
The Ella Institute is renowned for developing novel immunotherapy treatments, such as the cCAM drug. It is also among the first centers to offer the tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) protocol.
Safra Children's Hospital
Sheba is a successful pioneer in the field of pediatric hemato-oncology, providing umbilical cord blood banking and stem cell separation and treatment. The Safra Children’s Hospital has also achieved outstanding success in bone marrow transplants.
The Olga & Lev Leviev Heart Center
This state-of-the-artCardiovascular and Thoracic Treatment and Research Center is an ultra-modernfacility that serves a referral center for complex patient conditionsand features several advanced departments, including:
- Cardiac surgery department
- The Eli and Zohara Davidai arrhythmia center
- Specialized outpatient clinics
- The invasive cardiology unit
Sheba’s Rehabilitation Hospital provides specialized rehabilitation services in a myriad of specialties, including neurologic, orthopedic, speech and hearing, and psychiatric. The Rehabilitation Center is leader in advanced technology and multidisciplinary treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other central nervous system conditions. Additionally, Sheba’s Virtual Reality Rehabilitation Center is the first of its kind in the world, allowing patients to practice their skills and rehabilitate in a virtual environment that safely mimics real world conditions.
Gynecology and Maternity Center
This specialized center is dedicated to excellence in women’s healthcare, including diagnosis and treatment of new and expectant mothers. It includes a world-renowned Gynecologic Oncology Department that offers a variety of treatment for gynecologic cancers and is engaged in research of new cancer treatments. Furthermore, the Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility Unit provides fertility-sparing procedures and fertility treatments, such as cryopreservation of oocytes and microsurgical tube reconstruction.
International Congenital Heart Center
Sheba pioneered minimally invasive surgery as well as ventricular septal defect and atrial septal defect closure for congenital cardiac conditions. Also, Sheba heart specialists have achieved superior results in many high-risk surgeries.
The Israel Center for Medical Simulation
This is the world’s most comprehensive center for medical simulations. It allows individuals and teams to train effectively for a variety of medical scenarios.
Sheba Medical center prides itself on offering complete care and professionalism to our medical tourists, from prior to their arrival and all the way to follow-up after departure. This encompasses:
- Access to the most advanced global technology: Choosing Sheba means having access to the best medical technology worldwide, including experimental treatments. Sheba has departments working on treatments such as stem cell therapy, cell replacement therapy for diabetes, and treatment of pediatric solid brain tumors.
- Consultation prior to arrival: Our patients receive a clinical consultation with Sheba’s medical staff as well as a review and coordination of their local medical records.
- Precise and personal: We believe in tailor made medicine, personalized for the individual.Patient-centric: A partnership cultivated among practitioners, patients, and their families ensures that all healthcare decisions fully respect patient desires, needs, and preferred clinical outcomes.
- Rehabilitation: The world-renowned Sheba Rehabilitation Center provides long-term treatment for orthopedic, neurology, respiratory health, geriatric care, chronic pain, psychiatric, and trauma patients.
- Transparency: As a government-owned and regulated hospital, all of our fees are transparent, and the professional and ethical conduct of Sheba’s staff is of the highest standards.
- A personal coordinator and interpreter: Each patient receives a dedicated Sheba staff member who will assist them in their native language throughout their time in Israel. This includes translating medical information, physician instructions, and providing for any other communication concerns that arise.
- Travel and logistics: Medical Tourism Division personnel assists the patient's travel to Israel with such services as providing documentation for obtaining a visa. Sheba Medical Center also provides for local accommodations for patients and their families, including hotel services.
Departments and specialty centers at Sheba Medical Center
- Transportation services
- Personal escort available
- Visa arrangements
- Flight arrangements
- Financing available
- Electronic medical records
- Insurance coordination
- Family members can stay with patient
- Accommodation arrangements
- Vegetarian food
- Special order food
- Private Rooms
- Recovery facilities
- Phone in rooms
- Internet connection
- Money exchange
- Doctors have liability insurance
- Hospitals has liability insurance
- Number of doctors: 1420
- Number of beds: 1700
- Year established: 1948
The data provided in this page was provided by Sheba Medical Center
or it's represetatives.
last updated on Oct 14, 2020.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please