Mahkota Medical Centre - Overview
Established in 1994, MMC is licensed as a 356-bed private health-care provider strategically located within the major business district and tourist area of Malacca, Malaysia.
Well served by a network of roads, MMC is located approximately 2 hours from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and 3 hours from Singapore.
Currently a leading tertiary acute care hospital in Southern Peninsular Malaysia as well as a leading medical tourism hospital in Malaysia, MMC’s market extends beyond Malacca to the rest of the Southern Malaysia peninsular and into Indonesia (Java, Sumatra, Riau and Sulawesi), Cambodia, Brunei and Singapore.
MMC provides a comprehensive one-stop centre for healthcare services with a full range of diagnostic, radiology, clinical laboratory and other medical facilities. To date, MMC is operating on 288 beds with 60 full-time resident Consultants and a group of part-time and visiting consultants representing a broad range of medical and surgical disciplines.
Approximately 71% of the resident Consultants in MMC are UK trained and credentialed while all Consultants are qualified from Commonwealth countries.
Highlights of facilities available:
- 18 bed Coronary / Intensive Care Ward /Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- 8 patient wards (including Maternity, and Day- Surgery ward)
- Accident and Emergency Department ( 24 Hours Walk in Clinic)
- Clinical Laboratory and a Diagnostic Imaging Centre
- 10 Operating Rooms with dedicated Operating Rooms for Neurosurgery,Cardiac Surgery and Urology.
- 2 Cardiac-Catheterisation Laboratories - for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Renal Dialysis Centre
- In-Vitro Fertilisation Centre
- Day Procedure Unit & Endoscopy Centre for non-invasive day procedures
- Health Screening Centre
- Chemotherapy Day Care
- Dental services
- Physiotherapy services
- Transportation arrangement
- In-house laundry
- Retail pharmacy
Departments and specialty centers at Mahkota Medical Centre
- Accommodation arrangements
- Private Rooms
- Recovery facilities
- Phone in rooms
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Number of doctors: 60
- Number of beds: 288
- Year established: 1994
The data provided in this page was provided by Mahkota Medical Centre
or it's represetatives.
last updated on Feb 8, 2021.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please