About Delivery Package
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
Why you should have a Delivery Package
The arrival of your baby is a time of joy and bonding for the whole family and stress and frustrations should not be a part of it. That’s why it is best to select a delivery package during pregnancy that will help you throughout the pregnancy and delivery. Delivery packages support mothers throughout all stages of pregnancy; antenatal, birth and postnatal. They ensure that you get the best support and are stress-free. It is important to know what toTypes of delivery packages
The type of delivery package you choose will depend on the type of delivery you want such as normal, or caesarean section and the kind of room you choose such as a single bed, double bed, or shared room.Normal Delivery
This is when you give birth to your baby through the vagina. The usual hospital stay is usually 2 days if there are no complications. Different types of vaginal deliveries have different terms such as:Cesarean section
- Spontaneous vaginal delivery: This occurs when you go into labor without the use of techniques or drugs that induce labor, thereafter delivering your baby in the normal manner.
- Assisted vaginal delivery: This is when your baby needs help to be born by the use of instruments which attach to her head. It's also called an instrumental vaginal delivery. This will be needed if labor is long and tiring.
- Induced vaginal delivery: This is when drugs and manual techniques are used to induce or initiate labor.
This occurs when the baby is delivered through a surgical incision in your abdomen and uterus. It may be scheduled or done in an emergency.What to consider when choosing a delivery package
- Epidural anesthesia: Wanting an epidural will also determine the kind of delivery package you choose. An epidural can be used for both a normal and cesarean section births. An epidural is an injection given in the back that numbs the nerves and relieves the pain of labor.
- If the package includes BCG and 1st Hepatitis B injection for the baby.
- If they charge extra if a companion stays in.
- If the package price includes all professional fees?
- If the package commences from the day of delivery/surgery
- What the hospital’s discharge time is.
- What happens if you downgrade or upgrade a room.
- What is the amount of deposit collected at the time of admission?
- What happens to the credit balance on the day of discharge.
- What happens to unconsumed items in the package.
- Will your baby need to stay in the nursery?
- Most hospitals will provide a toiletry pouch which contains shower gel, body lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and comb, face towel and shower cap.
Most delivery Packages are not all-inclusive and you will have to pay extra for items in excess of package inclusion, all neonatal-related charges, non-standard services and Doctor's professional fees. For an agreeable and stress-free hospital stay, it is best to discuss delivery package fees with your doctor and decide which one best suits you and your baby.
Learn more about Delivery Package