Hospital Universitario Austral - Overview
Hospital Universitario Austral is a nonprofit organization known for its medical and nursing specialization, the quality of care, its highly specialized tertiary care, its infrastructure and state-of-the-art technology.
Patients, just like you, choose Hospital Universitario Austral (HUA) for the high quality of our healthcare services.
Hospital Universitario Austral is known for its highly specialized medical staff treating seriously ill patients under rigorous standards of care and scientific knowledge.
Thus, care is provided every year to hundreds of patients and their families from over 20 different countries.
Quality of Service
Hospital Universitario Austral physicians and nurses provide quality human, technical and scientific services to patients, helping them to preserve, recover or maintain their health. This can only be achieved with a structured continuing education plan, where every individual practitioner strives to help patients recover as fast as possible. Therefore, patients and staff are required to follow physicians’ indications regularly working hand in hand with nurses.
State-of-the-art technological development applied to areas such as neurosurgery, cardiology, oncology, liver and bone marrow organ transplants, urology, gynecology and gastroenterology, among others, has turned Hospital Universitario Austral into a world-class center providing advanced tertiary care. Hospital Universitario Austral meets care needs in three areas: Emergency care, Outpatient and Inpatient care. A University Hospital merging human resources and facilities with education and research at the graduate level. Thus, everyday practice decision-making and specialized care are always backed by an ongoing education process and academic work.
Why in Argentina?
Argentina is known to have a high level of scientific attainment in medicine practice and professional skill.
Many Argentine scientists have been Nobel Laureates in Medicine or have been granted other awards for their vanguard medical technology achievements.
AIRPORTS AND AIRLINES:
Information about airports and airlines is made available to you to help you plan your trip.
LAN Argentina, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Austral y Andes.
American Airlines, Unites Airlines, TAM, Fly Emirates, Iberia, Copa Air, Lufthansa.
Ezeiza International Airport:
Conveniently located hotels close to Hospital Universitario Austral.
Enjoy the benefit of hotel discounted rates for HUA patients (check for room availability).
• Pilar – Apart www.pilarapart.com.ar
• PH PRO www.phpro.com.ar
• Sheraton Pilar www.sheraton-pilar.com
• Howard Johnson Resort www.hjpilar.com.ar
• Little Ranch www.littleranch.com.ar
• Campus Suites www.campussuites.com.ar
DIRECTIONS AND TRANSPORTATION:
Different means of transportation can be used to get to HUA:
Departing from Capital Federal, head north to “Ruta Panamericana Ramal Pilar, acceso Norte”. When reaching kilometer 50 keep right and exit taking the ramp on to the highway overhead bridge and make a left on to the bridge (exit Cines Village and Shopping Torres del Sol). Take Las Magnolias Avenue until you reach the Ruta 8 crossing (There is a Shell gas station on the left). Make a right on to Ruta 8 and stay left 100 meters; take the left lane and make a left on to Hospital Universitario Austral (HUA) main entrance located 500 meters before you reach Peron Avenue intersection. The HUA parking lot provides on-site security services 24/7 and a fee is charged for parking.
Before, during and after your visit
HUA International Patient Service will assist you before, during and after your visit to Hospital Universitario Austral.
Carefully read the information below to learn more about our process:
- Fill out the On line Appointment Request Form to contact us
- Be ready to provide the information listed below to fill out the On line Appointment Request Form:
– contact information
– medical record summary
– most significant health background information
– current medication you are taking
– the purpose of your visit and any other information deemed relevant.
Remember that the more we know about your past medical history the better, to allow us to use your appointment time more efficiently.
- When filling out the form you will also be asked for your estimated travel date so we recommend you review your schedule prior to completion of the form.
- We suggest not to book your air tickets before receiving an HUA official appointment schedule confirmation.
- If you are insured we will have to know what insurance coverage you have. We recommend you confirm all coverage details with your insurance company before you travel. If do not have insurance coverage at Hospital Universitario Austral, information about payment methods is available.
Telephone Coordination Number:
(+54) 9230 448 281
Hours: 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
Departments and specialty centers at Hospital Universitario Austral
- Transportation services
- Personal escort available
- Electronic medical records
- Insurance coordination
- Interpreters available on demand
- Family members can stay with patient
- Accommodation arrangements
- Vegeterian food
- Special order food
- Private Rooms
- Recovery facilities
- Phone in rooms
- Internet connection
- Doctors have liability insurance
- Hospital has liability insurance
- Number of doctors: 780
- Number of beds: 140
- Year established: 2000
The data provided in this page was collected from the Hospital Universitario Austral
and other internet sources.
last updated on Jan 19, 2017.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please