- Ophthalmology Specialist Training at Bellvitge University Hospital 'Princeps
Medical-surgical Vitreoretinal Pathology, with exclusive interest in this area from 1991 (the year in which the Retina Department of Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital in Badalona was inaugurated) to 2001. In 2001, the ICO Vitreoretinal Unit was expanded to employ the 5 surgeons still present at the Unit today: Dr I. Vela, Director of the Unit, together with Dr J. Crespi, Dr C. Macià and Dr J. Díaz.
- Specialist, Retina Division of the Ophthalmology Department at Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona (1991-2001).
- Refractive and Crystalline Lens Surgery. In 2001, Dr D. Andreu began his
refractive surgery period with the inauguration of the ICO LASIK Unit with its
many refractive procedures. Today, Refractive Surgery is one of the
institution's main departments.
- Extensive experience and expertise with multifocal lenses and toric lenses associated with crystalline lens surgery.
- Surgical experience in both of the main segments of the eye (the Anterior Segment, with the cornea, crystalline lens and iris, and the Posterior Segment, with the retina and vitreous humour) in all diseases affecting both segments.
- Since graduating from the ESADE Management School, Dr D. Andreu has combined clinical practice with the Management and Coordination of the institution's work teams (financial management, commercial management, operational management, medical leadership, scientific leadership, etc.), with special interest in starting new projects.
Refractive Corneal Surgery with excimer laser (LASIK, PTK, PRK). More than 8,000 procedures in total since 2001.
- Cloudy and clear crystalline lens surgery. More than 6,000 procedures in total.
- Implantation of monofocal, toric and multifocal intraocula