Apollo Hospitals Bangalore
Dr. Hema Tadimari
Apollo Hospitals Bangalore
||Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal & Bariatric Surgery
||- Senior Consultant, Department of General Surgery, Apollo Hospitals Bangalore.
- She worked as a Consultant for Minimal Access and Bariatric and Endocrine Surgeon at the Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore.
- She has immense experience in the teaching field when she was the Associate Professor & Head of the unit at the General Surgery Department of Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
- She has gained recognition as a Post-graduate teacher for Bombay University & Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS).
- Dr. Hema has obtained Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery fellowship from Cleveland Clinic, Florida, under the guidance of Dr. Raul Rosenthal.
- She also has a Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic surgery fellowship from Mumbai.
- She has also gained experience in Lap Gastric Banding, Sleeve gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Duodenal switch & Duodenojejunal bypass.
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery Fellowship at Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, South Korea, was mastered under the guidance of Professor Seon Hahn Kim.
- She completed a training workshop in SILS (single incision laparoscopic surgery) – And stood third in the exam Dr. Hema is a Gold Medalist in Surgery in MBBS and MS exams.
- She has been trained in a workshop programme on laparoscopic colorectal surgery under Dr. Prakash.
- She completed a preceptor - training course in Breast Cancer surgery and Sentinel node biopsy with Dr Somashekhar S. P.
- She has also completed a preceptor – training workshop in hemorrhoidectomy with Dr Haridas.
||- Diploma - Basic Laparoscopic Surgery
- Diploma - Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery.
- Fellowship - Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Fellowship - Laparoscopic and Robotic Colorectal Surgery
||- Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons (IAES).
- Founder Member of Association Of Minimal Access Surgeons Of India (AMASI).
- Member of Indian Medical Association.
- Member of All India Association for the Advancement of Research in Obesity.
||- National Merit Scholarship, Karnataka University, S.S.C. Board. (1984).
- National Merit Scholarship, University of Mumbai, H.S.C. Board (1986).
- Bai Hirabai Pestanji Hormasji Cama Gold Medal in Surgery for female candidates at Final (III) MBBS. Examination (1990).
- Dr. R.T. Desai Prize for Highest Marks in Surgery at T.N. Medical College at M.S.General Surgery) Examination (1995).
- Best Paper Prize at Update Ayurveda '98 for Paper Entitled "Leech Therapy - A Novel Therapy for Complicated Varicose Veins" (1998).
- IAGES Travelling Fellowship (Jan. 2003) awarded for training in Basic Laparoscopic Surgery.