||• Dr. Raya Leibowitz is a leading physician- investigator at the cancer institute at the Sheba medical Center and head of the genito-urinary service there. She is also a member of the prestigious ‘Talpiot medical leadership’ program at Sheba.
• Dr. Leibowitz competed her MD and Ph.D studies at the Sackler School of Medicine in Tel-Aviv University and a Clinical Research Fellowship in the field of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs (‘genito-urinary cancers’) at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, Canada.
• Dr. Leibowitz’s clinical interests include urinary tract and male genital tumors (prostate, bladder, kidney, testes, adrenal glands, adrenocortical carcinoma, peochromocytoma) and metastatic tumors of the thyroid gland, as well as geriatric oncology (treatment of elderly patients with cancer). Her research fields include studying the role of microRNAs in cancers and studying immune checkpoint regulation across cancers. She is also highly engaged in retrospective and prospective clinical studies in the field of genito-urinary tumors. She is an assistant professor at the faculty of medicine at the Tel-Aviv University and the head of the Israeli cancer association forum for personalized medicine.
• Dr. Raya Leibowitz is a recipient of several awards and prizes:
• 2009 – ‘melanoma research aliance’ young investigator award
• 2011 – Outstanding Oncology resident
• 2011 – Outstanding Oncology Teacher from the Tel Aviv University
• 2013 – The Gerald Kirsch Humanitarian Award for Humanitarian Activities in Medicine, Toronto, Canada
• 2013, 2014- two merit research awards by the ‘Conquer Cancer Foundation’ of ASCO
Conditions and treatment
• prostate cancer
• urinary tract tumors
• bladder tumors
• kidney tumors
• adrenal glands tumors
• tumors of the thyroid gland
• geriatric oncology