About Pediatric Rehabilitation
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What is pediatric rehabilitation?
Pediatric rehabilitation is a subspecialty of medicine that focuses on enhancing and restoring the functional ability to children with various impairments or disabilities.Which doctors offer pediatric rehabilitation services?
Pediatric rehabilitation services are offered by pediatric physiatrists. They are physicians who have specialized in the rehabilitative care and medical management of infants, children, and adolescents who have an array of medical conditions such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disorders and conditions.Why choose pediatric rehabilitation for your child?
Pediatric physiatrists are specially trained on how to deal with children. In addition to special medical skills, they possess the knowledge on how to treat and manage physical and cognitive disabilities which affect growth and development of children.
They decorate their offices, outpatient centers, and hospitals with bright colors and interesting items to the children. This helps them to feel more comfortable and relaxed so that they can undergo care with the least fuss possible.What are the benefits of pediatric rehabilitation?
- This rehabilitation specializes on providing comprehensive and coordinated medical care for children who have injuries such as spinal cord injuries and spina bifida.
- It educates family members on how to care for and support children undergoing pediatric rehabilitation.
- The team of doctors and healthcare professionals rotate and combine their skills to provide the best possible care for the children.
- Specialists are involved in consultations and recommendations about tone management
- The care given enables the child to have optimal function with their skills
- The care given is tailored to suit your child’s individual needs.
- It promotes daily life independence
- It reduces complications that may arise due to lack of rehabilitation
- It maintains continuous and progressive care to overcome fragmentation
- It provides follow-up assessments and developmental evaluations
- It enhances the patient’s and family’s lives
Primary medical team members include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Brain injury
- Brachial plexus palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Gait abnormalities
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Limb deficiencies
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Genetic abnormalities
- Developmental disabilities
Other resource staff includes:
- Pediatric Physiatrist
- Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist
How does telAbility enhance pediatric rehabilitation?
- Pediatric Dentist
- Pediatric Neurologist
- Pediatric Urologist
- Pediatric Ophthalmologist
- Pediatric Neurosurgeon
- Pediatric Plastic Surgeon
- Pediatric Speech Therapist
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist
- Genetic Counseling
- School Liaison Nutritionist
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Psychoeducational Specialist
- Vocational Rehab Counselor
- Nursing and in home care
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Social and case workers
Researchers work with new developments both medically and technologically to give your child groundbreaking advances in treatment. One such advancement is TelAbility. TelAbility is a community oriented, an innovative program that combines several disciplines and telecommunications to enhance the lives of children with disabilities. It uses internet technologies such as real-time conferencing.Prognosis
Your child will be able to live as independently as possible in their daily lives because of I improved the function of their motor and cognitive skills. Pediatric rehabilitation provides the children with the motivation and expertise needed for them to grow and develop. It will help your child focus their energy on enjoying their childhood.