cereneo Schweiz AG - Overview
The clinic that creates progress
cereneo is a Swiss research facility and clinic specialized in neurorehabilitation.
Personal therapy and modern training and measurement processes are combined to create a customised therapy concept, in order to give you back a high level of independence, freedom to organise your daily life and a high quality of life.
- State of the art neurorehabilitation clinic for patients with nervous system diseases or trauma
- clinical research center with cutting edge technology for diagnosis, therapy and care
Traumatic brain injury
Parkinson‘s disease and movement disorders
Spinal and peripheral nerve injury
- Therapy programme based on forced use principals:
- - special focus on affected extremities- individual therapy based on patients’ needs and abilities
- maximum on therapy to maximize patients motivation to recover
- motivation as key factor for the rehabilitation process
- Therapy based on neurophysiological and neuroscientific principals with the goal to give back an autonomous, high quality life
- Robotic therapy
- Advanced gait training
Multilingual patient administration (German, English)
Invitation in respect of visa applications resp. patient escort
Observance of religion
Based on patient´s preference female or male therapists
Additional services: Concierge services cereneo will organize your transport, wherever you are. If required, transport can also be arranged on a stretcher with or without the presence of a doctor. Organization of different excursions such as art and culture, adventure and discovery or guided shopping tours
cereneo offers highly comfortable rooms with a first-class medical infrastructure guarantee relaxation and well-being.
There is a choice of room and suite arrangements, daily choice of several nutritious and tasty menus, with consideration of special food requirements or allergies, support from the internal room service team.
As a Swiss host, cereneo endeavors to ensure that international patients feel incredibly well looked after. The various cultural backgrounds of the patients are, of course, respected.
Relatives and other people of significance for patients at cereneo are incorporated into the rehabilitation process as early as possible. Visits and the presence of family and friends create a good atmosphere, enhance the patient's well-being and help them to make a speedy recovery:
- Provision of necessary information about the patient's illness, visits subject to prior agreement.
- A sense of well-being in the private environment also contributes towards the patient making a speedy and lasting recovery. Subject to availability, accompanying people can either stay directly in the patient's room or in the adjoining 5-star Park Hotel Vitznau. cereneo is available to provide further information and prices.
cereneo is located in the Park Hotel Vitznau, one of the most elegant hotels on the banks of Lake Lucerne:
- Nearby hiking trail network covering more than one hundred kilometers
- Rigi natural and leisure paradise with rich alpine flora
- Lake Lucerne – one of the most historically significant Swiss lakes
- Park Hotel Vitznau – extensively renovated with great attention to detail to meet all needs for comfort and relaxation
Motivation matters. Motivation is the motor of progress. Motivation is the key to change. Motivation makes it possible to go beyond boundaries. Motivation starts from within.
cereneo - the clinic and its team - are convinced of this. They recognize that the recovery process depends on an interwoven combination of
- the patient,
- their social environment and
- the medical and therapeutic support.
cereneo consistently involves the patient and his or her social environment to implement therapeutic measures in an individualized and flexible manner. Therapists and doctors provide daily information about improvements and next steps to actively engage, and better motivate, the patient in his or her own recovery.
"Never, give up." It’s the message cereneo brings to its patients; and it’s an attitude that optimizes the mindset and high performance of a top-level athlete. That’s what inspired cereneo to connect with the elite triathlon scene through the development of a dedicated program for potential world champions. The idea is to foster knowledge exchange between the two fields and incorporate the latest approaches for increasing motivation – into therapy for patients, into training for athletes, and into lifestyle choices for everyone who wants to reduce the risk for stroke and other conditions.
Motivation. It’s the common denominator shared among the cereneo clinic and its patients as well as cereneo triathlon and its athletes.
Partners and Cooperations
Together with DynamicDevices, cereneo tests and helps to develop the Allegro dynamic leg trainer.
Together with ETH Zürich (D- HEST, Prof. Gassert , Prof. Riener ), cereneo develops sensor technologies to be able to monitor stroke patients during their daily life. Metrics are also developed for measuring therapy effects and being able to inform doctors and patients about the progress of their recovery.
LucerneHealth is the shared centre for international patients from cereneo, the Lucerne Canton Hospital and the Hirslanden Klinik St. Anna, Lucerne.
Together with Hocoma, cereneo develops new training devices and robots for arms and legs and tests their use in clinical studies.
Johns Hopkins University
Together with Johns Hopkins University, cereneo performs randomised, clinical studies in the area of arm rehabilitation using new robot training approaches.
Together with Twente University (Biomedical Signals and Systems, Prof. Dr. ir . Peter Veltink ), cereneo develops sensor and feedback technology for stroke patients.
- Transportation services
- Personal escort available
- Visa arrangements
- Flight arrangements
- Electronic medical records
- Insurance coordination
- Interpreters available on demand
- Family members can stay with patient
- Accommodation arrangements
- Vegeterian food
- Halal food
- Special order food
- Private Rooms
- Recovery facilities
- Phone in rooms
- Internet connection
- Doctors have liability insurance
- Hospital has liability insurance
- Number of doctors: 3
- Year established: 2013
The data provided in this page was collected from the cereneo Schweiz AG
and other internet sources.
last updated on Jan 31, 2017.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please