About Low Sperm Count
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What are the options available for helping conception in case of a low sperm count?
- Drug treatments: There are many drugs to treat a low sperm count, including androgens, testolactone, FSH injections, steroids, kallikrein, clomiphene and antioxidants. Antibiotic treatment to clear an infection of the reproductive tract may also help treat male infertility.
- IVF: IVF, in vitro fertilization, takes sperm and injects it directly into the egg, bypassing problems with sperm delivery.
- IUI: IUI, intrauterine insemination, is artificial insemination carried out by injecting specially treated sperm into the womb.
- ICSI: ICSI, intracytoplasmic insemination, is an IVF procedure that injects a single sperm into an egg and transfers it to the uterus.
- PESA: A small amount of sperm is removed through a thin needle and used in ICSI.
- TESA: Mature sperm are extracted using a thin needle and used in the ICSI procedure.
- TESE: Sperm is removed through extracted tissue from the testicles and used in ICSI.
Learn more about Low Sperm Count