||Gynaecologist & Infertility Specialist
||Dr. Palshetkar has been hailed as the “face of the IVF program” by the media several times in the last decade. Dr. Palshetkar is a regular contributor to many magazines & newspapers and puts in regular appearances on National Television. She has also contributed lots of articles in manuals & journals which has helped out lots of students & doctor’s too. She has also held many national conferences where doctors from all over India and the world have gathered to hear her speak about the various aspects of IVF. She has given more than 500 lectures in various cities national & international.
Her effort through extensive media interaction is to reach out to the millions of women all over India who are unaware of the immense benefits of IVF in their personal lives.
Furthermore, Dr. Palshetkar has reached great heights and has made an enormous contribution to the field of Gynaecology by achieving various noteworthy records throughout her career.
• First to establish assisted laser hatching in this country in 1998 along with having delivered first laser hatching twins in India
• Distinction of having achieved pregnancy in the oldest woman in India, a 60 year old in 2000
• Achieved pregnancy with sperms from a hemiplegic husband
• Delivered the first baby in India with three mothers - i.e. with help of a test-tube baby and surrogacy techniques
• Pioneer in establishing the spindle view technology in India
• Establishing the first egg and ovarian tissue bank in India
• Establishing IMSI – a new technology for improving results in Male Infertility, for the first time in India
• Installing the IVF-Metabolomics Machine, First in Asia & Fifth in the World at Lilavati Hospital IVF Centre in 2010
• Installation of Primovision – digital microscope 1st time in India to improve pregnancy rates in 2011
• Launched the Digital Microscope Incubator (Embryoscope) at Mumbai, fi
||• Graduate & Post Graduate from the renowned Grant medical college, Mumbai.
• Teacher for super specialty degree (FNB), Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, National Board, Delhi, at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
• Training in IVF & Micromanipulation, University of Ghent – Belgium.
• Alpha School of Embryology – Naples, Italy.
• IVF & ICSI Training - Melbourne, Copenhagen & Denmark (IVF Centres).
||Dr. Palshetkar is practicing Infertility for the last 18 years.
She is currently the professor of OBGY at the Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai and teacher for super specialty degree (FNB), Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, National Board, Delhi at Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai.
Dr. Palshetkar is a part of the Infertility unit of many renowned hospitals like the Lilavati Hospital Mumbai, Fortis Group of hospitals Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh & Gurgoan and the Dr. D.Y. Patil Hospital and Medical research Centre Navi Mumbai.
Medical director at Seven BLOOM IVF centers:
• The Bloom IVF at Lilavati Hospital IVF Centre, Mumbai
• Babies & Us IVF Centre, Well Woman’s Clinic, Palshetkar Patil Nursing Home, Mumbai
• D.Y.Patil Bloom IVF Fertility Centre in Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai
• Fortis La Femme Bloom IVF Centre, at Fortis Hospital, New Delhi
• Fortis Bloom IVF Centre, at Fortis Hospital, Chandigarh
• Fortis Hospital IVF Centre, Vashi ,Navi Mumbai.
• Lilavati Hospital IVF Centre (Outreach Centre), Borivali, Mumbai.
||• Senior Vice President, Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies
of India (FOGSI) (2011)
• Secretary, Mumbai OB/GY Society.
• Jt. Secretary, Indian Ass. Of Gynacological Endoscopy.
• Treasurer , Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction.
• Member, National Guidelines for Accreditation, Supervision & Regulation of ART Clinics in India
• Chairperson Infertility Committee, Association of Maharashtra Obstetric Gynaecological Societies (AMOGS)