||- Senior Consultant, Department of Infectious Diseases, Apollo Hospitals Bangalore.
- Dr. Purnima kick started her career abroad as a Resident representative of internal medicine in Hospital Academics Committee, at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Chicago, IL. She worked in the departments of Interviewing Committee, Patient Care Committee, Advisory Committee and Academic Affairs Committee as a part of the Institutional activities.
- She then worked as a Member of Academic Affairs Committee in the Department of Medicine, at Catholic Health Partners, Chicago, Illinois.
- She also has gained experience working in various departments as a teaching attending physician. Subsequently, she worked as an Instructor in Clinical Medicine at Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL.
- Having worked as a Chief Resident in Internal Medicine at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Catholic Health Partners, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, she came to her Motherland to offer her services.
- Her first appointment in her Homeland was that as a Consultant in Infectious diseases. She had the privilege of working as a Resource Faculty for Global AIDS Project in India, CDC and USA. Additionally, she offered her services as the Head of Division of Infectious Diseases, and Consultant in Internal Medicine at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore, India.
- Infectious Diseases fellowship includes exhaustive training in all aspects of HIV, including treatment. She is trained and has been involved to treat patients in Organ transplants, Post-Surgical, and other hospital, nosocomial infections.
- She did her Residency from St. Joseph’s Hospital/ Catholic Health Partners, Northwestern University.
- Her Volunteer activities included her role as a Physician, in Community Health centers, at Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL.
- She was also responsible in providing out patient care to indigent population.
- She specializes in hospital a