||- Completed his fellowship training at the Cleveland Clinic, USA.
- Dr. Panda has also worked for one year as Sr. Registrar at the Harefield Hospital, in the United Kingdom, where he had the opportunity to train under Professor Magdi Yacoub, considered to be one of the foremost cardiac surgeons in the world.
- Considered amongst the best cardiac surgeons, he has performed over 16,000 cardiac surgeries including bypass, complex aortic aneurysms, valve repair and replacement and over 900 redo bypass surgeries.
- He is credited for having performed more than 2000 high risk surgeries-offering a new lease of life to many patients considered inoperable.
- One of the safest heart surgeons in the world with a 99.5% success rate in bypass surgery.
- Under his leadership within a short span of over nine years, the hospital has established itself as a top heart hospital in the country. With the JCI, ISO & NIAHO, Asian Heart Institute is 'India's Highest Accredited Hospital'.
- Conferred with Degree of Doctrate in Science (Honorius Causa) from Utkal University, Orissa.
- Dr. Panda is credited and recognized amongst his peers as being among the first surgeons in the country to introduce the concept of 'total arterial revascularization', as well as being one of the pioneers of "off-pump" bypass surgery, redo bypass surgery, high risk surgeries patients and so on.
- Dr. Panda has helped hundreds of economically handicapped patients by waiving off his professional fees for surgery, as well as setting up the Asian Heart Charitable Trust to help patients.
- In his home state, Orissa, Dr. Panda has set up the Sarla Madan Charitable trust, which does charitable work.