Hospital Universitario HM Puerta del Sur - Overview
Hospital Universitario HM Puerta del Sur, the
most modern Hospital now in Spain, It has a professional team of high
prestige and is equipped with the latest advances in technology for both
diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of diseases.
With 24,262.35 m2 of surface and the creation
of 450 jobs, HM Puerta del Sur University Hospital is a complete medical and
surgical hospital, equipped with the latest advances in sanitary technology for
the diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of diseases, And has the best medical
professionals to put at the service of the population a complete offer of
In this hospital we have a PET-RM Biograph
mRM, from Siemens Healthcare: The first system in the world capable of
integrating a molecular whole body magnetic resonance with data acquisition
technology. The new equipment makes available to the specialists new
opportunities in the acquisition of images thanks, precisely, to their
possibility to capture data of RM and PET simultaneously. This innovative
system has the potential to be an especially valuable tool to identify the
patient's neurological, oncological and cardiac conditions and to facilitate
the planning of appropriate therapies. Since MRI does not emit ionizing
radiation, Biograph mRM has the benefit of getting low dose imaging. It also
opens new opportunities for research, such as the development of new biomarkers
or new therapeutic
Our priority is the patient, and we understand the
needs of a n international patient looking for a second medical
opinion. Please contact us any time any day.
International patient mobility driven by access to more prestigious medical treatments and diagnoses and at a most affordable price is registering continuous growth. This phenomenon, commonly known as health tourism, positions our Hospitals in a privileged position due to their extended international experience and the highest professional standards. This encourages us to further improve not only our international patient care protocols, but also to continue seeking agreements and cooperation with other countries in order to expose the advanced specialisation of our services and facilitate better access to those services for our patients.
We cover all medical specialties, with some unique medical procedures, like HIFU applied to temblor´s treatments.
Our experience with many international medical insurance companies will facilitate your medical assistance as well. Our exclusive and personalised international patient department is at your disposal 24/7/365 trying to solve your queries as soon as possible.
In order to allow you to benefit from the medical portfolio and expertise at HM Hospital and to make your stay in Madrid the most pleasant possible for yourself and your family we manage the following information regarding your visit, accommodation, required documents and prior examinations.
In order to be able to estimate the treatment possibilities with us, we require a detailed medical report, we will be able to tell you what treatment you can have with us, cost and time of it. Therefore, the medical report need to be as current as possible.
HM PUERTA DEL SUR has a professional team of high prestige and is equipped with the latest advances in technology for both diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of diseases, such as the first PET-RM simultaneous acquisition in Spain. This Hospital has integrated a comprehensive Neuroscience Center (CINAC). With the latest treatment for Parkinson´s disease.
HM CINAC is dedicated to translational research. The Centre has a clinical assistance area, a clinical and experimental research area and a teaching area.
The Clinical Neurosciences section offers the study and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases in an outpatient clinic, day hospital and general hospital. There are Specialist Programmes in:
- Study and treatment of Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders;
- Cognitive Impairment (in cooperation with the Psychiatry service);
- Behavioural Disorders (in cooperation with the Psychiatry service);
- Advanced neurophysiological studies on motor control, cognition and behaviour;Functional neurosurgery: Deep Brain Stimulation, Focal Ultrasound and traditional ablative surgery.
The activities of the HM CINAC have the following objectives:
- Research in Clinical Neuroscience, focused on neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, cognitive impairment and behavioural disorders with a comprehensive approach. We apply advanced neuroimaging methods (integrated fMRI-PET), neurophysiology (non-invasive neurostimulation, movement studies and registration of oscillatory activity), neurocognitive stimulation (behavioural laboratory) and neurosurgical stimulation (deep brain stimulation, focal ultrasound therapy) to advance in the clinical and pathophysiological studies and to develop new therapeutic options for Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative pathologies, as well as movement and behavioural disorders (dystonia, myoclonus, pathological impulsivity, Gilles de la Tourette syndrome, etc.).
- Development of fundamental knowledge through Experimental Neuroscience, for which HM CINAC has a pre-clinical research centre working on neurobiological mechanisms of neurological diseases. This approach is based on neuroimaging methods (PET and fMRI), neurophysiological techniques that enable comprehensive unitary, multiple and field potential neuronal activity studies, behavioural laboratories and histopathological techniques.
- Series of national and international collaborations that create a joint direction and network with the common objective of advancing in the fight against neurodegenerative diseases and neurofunctional disorders.
Departments and specialty centers at Hospital Universitario HM Puerta del Sur
The data provided in this page was collected from the Hospital Universitario HM Puerta del Sur
and other internet sources.
last updated on Nov 27, 2017.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please