Endometriosis Treatment in Malaysia
Hospitals, clinics and medical centers in Malaysia performing Endometriosis Treatment.
Private Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Part of the KPJ Healthcare Group, which owns 19 hospitals in Malaysia, the hospital has more than 50 resident physicians specializing in orthopedics, dermatology, hematology, neurology, pediatric surgery, radiology, physiotherapy, urology, ob-gyn, ENT and more.
Endometriosis is treated at Tawakkal Hospital
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What are the treatment options for Endometriosis?
There is no cure for endometriosis but it can be treated in the following ways:
How do you decide which treatment for Endometriosis is right for you?
- Pain medication: Typical pain medications for endometriosis treatment are non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen and naproxen. These medications relieve pain and cramping but have no effect on the position of the womb lining.
- Hormone treatment: Endometriosis treatment with hormones limits or stops estrogen production in the body, easing symptoms. Hormone treatment may involve progestogens, antiprogestogens, the combined oral contraceptive pill or gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogues.
- Laparoscopic surgery: A laparoscopy procedure accesses the inside of the pelvis through keyhole surgery to cut out or burn endometriosis tissue.
- Laparotomy: Laparotomy is a more invasive option if endometriosis is severe. The surgeon cuts and opens up the affected area to remove endometriosis tissue.
- Hysterectomy: The removal of the womb is a major operation and is usually considered a last-resort treatment of severe endometriosis.
Correct endometriosis treatment depends on the extent of your symptoms, your age, whether you are planning pregnancy, and whether or not you have tried any treatment before.
Surgery for endometriosis treatment is recommended when your symptoms are severe or if your fertility is affected.
Learn more about Endometriosis