Oncology at Rabin Medical Center
The Davidoff Center for the research and treatment of cancer
The Davidoff Center for the research and treatment of cancer is one of the most sophisticated and innovative facilities in the Middle East for the treatment of malignant diseases, delivering comprehensive medical treatment to approximately 15% of Israel's cancer patients.
The Davidoff Center offers the following inpatient and outpatient services:
- Day-care Chemotherapy Center: Headed by a team of senior oncologists providing the highest level of chemotherapy treatments in ultra comfortable conditions with an emphasis on privacy and empathy.
- Unit of Radiotherapy: Headed by Prof. Eyal Fenig, equipped with new generation, state-of-the-art linear accelerators and CT simulators to perform accurate and precise delivery of required radiation treatments.
- In-Patient Oncology Facilities: Headed by Dr. Thomas Tishler, offering first class hospitalization in private or semi private luxurious rooms for comprehensive treatment options for oncological diseases.
- In-Patient Hemato-Oncology Facilities: Headed by Dr. Pia Raanani, presenting individualized treatment, a unique and innovative comprehensive treatment program for hematological malignancies.
- Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit: Headed by Dr. Moshe Yeshurun, a state of the art supreme facility for the treatment of hematologic malignancies, stem cell disorders, inherited disorders of the blood and various solid tumors.
- Integrative Medicine Unit: Headed by Dr. Opher Caspi, working simultaneously with the multi disciplinary team of specialists, the patient can now combine conventional medicine with integrative medicine through treatments such as acupuncture, herbal remedies, hypnosis, yoga therapy and more. Therapy focuses on prevention and minimization of side effects, symptom management, immune enhancement, and quality of life.
- Palliative Care Unit: Headed by Dr. Simon Wein , providing relief and improved quality of life through symptom management and pain control as well as addressing the patient’s and his family’s psychological, emotional and social needs.
- Oncology and Hemato-oncology Outpatients Clinics: Leading experts in their various fields provide screening, diagnosis, treatment and patient follow-up for various malignant diseases.
These outpatient clinics include:
- Breast Cancer Unit: Headed by Dr. Shulamith Rizel, providing special services related to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- Head and Neck Tumor Service: Headed by Dr. G. Marshak, offering expert care of endocrine tumors including thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Gynecologic Oncology Service: Headed by Dr. C. Koren, providing diagnosis and treatment options for cancers of the female organs, including cervical and ovarian cancer.
- Gastrointestinal Unit: Headed by Dr. B. Brenner, specializing in the diagnosis, staging and treatment of all cancers arising within the GI tract, including the associated organs of the liver, biliary system, pancreas and neuroendocrine system.
- Uro-Oncology Unit: Headed by Dr. E. Rosenbaum, dealing with the diagnosis, treatment and management of cancers of the urinary tract and male reproductive organs such as prostate cancer.