This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
Your skin is the first to become subjected to gravity and aging. So as to correct these skin problems, there are various minimal invasive and nonsurgical treatments, which are utilized these days. Mesotherapy is a versatile treatment, which is minimally invasive and delivers superb results.Who is a candidate?
Mesotherapy may help treat several conditions.
What is the aim of treatment?
- Skin rejuvenation: can be carried out by using Mesotherapy that is also known as Mesolift. It may effectively treat wrinkles, pigmentation problems, and fine lines as well as take care of scars together with firming up the skin.
- Body contouring: may also be attained through Mesotherapy that is referred to as Mesosculpting. It works quite well on localized fat in the area such as flanks, inner thighs, chin, under arms and other similar areas. The fat is taken out through excretion.
- Mesotherapy for cellulite: effectively takes out this dimply fat mainly found on buttocks, legs, and thighs.
Similar to all other non-surgical skin care treatments, Mesotherapy aims at improving the appearance of aging skin by getting rid of the damage brought by gravity and aging. Aims of the treatment are:
How to prepare for Mesotherapy?
- To help you regain clear, smooth skin
- To remove creases and wrinkles
- To correct the light of skin and sagginess
- To remove cellulite and stretch marks
Adhere to these instructions as you prepare for the treatment:
How is Mesotherapy carried out?
- Drink plenty of fluids and water to hydrate your body properly
- Avoid unhealthy food, follow a healthy diet. Additionally, stay away from caffeinated drinks for a day or two before the treatment
- Stop using blood thinners 10-14 days before the treatment
- Minimize your consumption of alcoholic beverages and stop smoking
- Avoid sun exposure for two to three weeks before the procedure
- Have a sound night sleep the day before treatment
- Don't apply any lotions or cosmetics to the treatment site
- It's a simple treatment, which works with medications injected into the mesoderm intended for rectifying the underlying condition.
- A topical numbing cream is used to numb the treatment area. For patients who are highly sensitive to local anesthesia, pinpricks could also be used.
- A conglomerate of FDA authorized minerals, antioxidants, drugs and vitamins and sometimes, homeopathic drugs also is prepared and injected into the skin of a patient.
- The injection is performed with a specialized injector called Mesogun. Minimal amounts are delivered to numerous points during the treatment.
- It's a highly customized treatment. The medications differ with the condition, which is being addressed and its scope.
- When used for cellulite treatment or fat removal Mesotherapy removes fibrotic hardened connective tissue, improves blood flow and betters lymphatic drainage of delivering the results.
Results and Benefits:
- Anticipate some swelling and redness in the treatment area soon after the treatment
- Use cold compresses to deal with these symptoms
- Don't wash treatment area for 8-10 hours at least
- Massage the treatment site delicately to ensure even circulation of the drug cocktail
- Don't expose treated areas to direct sunlight for three to four weeks
- Put on strong sunscreen to shield treated areas from sun damage
- It's a virtually non-invasive, painless treatment
- It doesn't involve any lasting complications or side-effects
- Since no cutting and stitching of skin is needed, there is no possibility of scarring
- It's a simple lunch time procedure without downtime
- Total healing and recovery are very fast
- The results are instant and long-term
- The treatment helps boost levels of hyaluronic acid in skin, allowing you to maintain a smooth and firm skin texture
- It even stimulates production of collagen to enhance the texture and tone the of skin
- The procedure is minimally invasive and there's no real discomfort involved besides the pinpricks. For people who are very sensitive to even the least pain, topical anesthetics may be used before the start of the treatment to numb down these sensations.
- So as to get the intended result, several sessions of the treatment are needed. The actual number of sessions may be determined by your physician after examining the problem and its extent.
Learn more about Mesotherapy