About Gold Threads Facelift
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What is a Gold Threads Facelift?
A gold threads facelift is a procedure to firm the skin and rejuvenate its appearance. The gold threads facelift is performed using a mesh of 24-carat gold threads sewn under the skin’s surface. The gold net stimulates the production of collagen which improves the look of the skin.
The gold threads facelift can also be used on the neck, chest, arms, hands, legs and other body parts.
How is a Gold Threads Facelift carried out?
How long will a Gold Threads Facelift last?
- The surgeon stitches a web of pure gold thread into the sub-dermal layer of the skin, directly underneath the surface of the skin, with a fine needle.
- The surgeon covers the entire face or the specific area to be treated.
The effects of a gold threads facelift can last for up to 12 years, depending on the patient’s skin type, age, lifestyle and extent of the skin damage.
Duration of procedure/surgery : The gold threads facelift procedure takes between 60 and 90 minutes to complete, depending on the size of the area being treated.
Days admitted : None. A gold threads facelift is an outpatient procedure.
Anesthesia : The gold threads facelift is carried out under the effect of numbing cream and many local anesthesia injections.
Recovery : - Bruising and swelling last for two or three weeks following a gold threads facelift.
- Patients can typically return to work a few days following a gold threads facelift.
- Results can be seen in around three months.
Risks : Gold doesn’t rust and it doesn’t react badly with any other substances but some risks do remain with the gold threads facelift procedure.
- Slippage and movement of threads.
After care : - Use a cold compress or gel to ease swelling and bruising.
- Take painkillers to lessen any pain or discomfort following the procedure.
- Wear make-up over bruised or reddened areas.
Learn more about Gold Threads Facelift