Rotator Cuff Surgery in Yeditepe
Hospitals and medical centers in Yeditepe, Turkey performing Rotator Cuff Surgery.
University Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey
A modern hospital which was opened in 2005, with a wide array of medical services, and a special department for international patients.
|Rotator Cuff Surgery||upon request|
About Rotator Cuff Surgery
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
Do I need surgery to repair a rotator cuff tear?
Most rotator cuff tears are treated with non-surgical therapies, such as cold compression therapy and physical therapy.
However, rotator cuff repair surgery may be needed in the following cases:
What surgery options are available for rotator cuff repair?
- The rotator cuff tear was caused by a sudden injury. In these cases, it's best to operate within a few weeks of the injury.
- A complete rotator cuff tear causes severe shoulder weakness.
- The rotator cuff has failed to improve after 3-6 months of conservative nonsurgical treatment (such as physical therapy).
- You need full shoulder strength and function for your job or activities.
- Open shoulder surgery.
- A mini-open repair with arthroscopic assistance.
- A fully arthroscopic surgery.
Usually rotator cuff repair is done as an outpatient procedure.
In some cases you will need to stay 1-2 days at the hospital.
General anesthesia or a nerve block.
Recovery can take 3–6 months, with a sling being worn for the first 1–6 weeks.
Learn more about Rotator Cuff Surgery