This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty (nose plastic surgery) is a procedure to reshape the nose, making it smaller or bigger as desired.
Rhinoplasty is usually done for cosmetic reasons, in order to improve the symetrics and aesthetics of the face.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Rhinoplasty is the 6th most popular cosmetic surgery procedure in the United States (2008 stats).
What physician performs Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is usually performed by a Cosmetic Surgeon, although it can be performed by a general surgeon as well.
Since Rhinoplasty is an aesthetic procedure, you should always look for a surgeon with a lot of experience, and ask to see photos of past patients who were operated by the same surgeon.
Duration of procedure/surgery:
0 - 1 days
- Return to work after: 1-2 weeks
- Severe exercise is possible after: 2-3 weeks
- Complete disappearance of swellings after: 2 months
- Final form of the nose after: 1 year.
Irregularities that may require revision surgery.
- First 48 hours: there is a tampon in the nose.
- First week: nose plaster is used.
- Second week: nose bandage is used.